Hannibal Barca of Carthage

Hannibal Barca of Carthage

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Why I chose Hannibal

I chose to do my website on Hannibal Barca, one of the Romans worst enemies. What caught my attention was how rebellious he was. I first heard about him when we were learning about the Second Punic War. After hearing what I had about him, I decided to look into his journey further. His actions surprised me ever since he was 9 years old and made the promise to his Dad about always hating the Romans. Especially about how he fulfilled his promise and probably ventured into it more than his father expected. Although he was on the rough end of all the wars and actions, he was a strongly dedicated general. His accomplishments weren't much, but they were a piece of his history. Hannibal will always be remembered as the most competative and  dedicated general that he was. He is also a strong symbol of the ancient wars for Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment